Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

WSU Basketball


*Late Post*

Sorry all you Husky fans this post is all about the Cougs. Last season I did a lot of blog postings about Curtis's games. This season unfortunately Trey and I weren't able to attend as many as we would have liked. Our long trip at Children's, weather and being at the end of my pregnancy kept us from going to quite a few.

The team ended the season finishing 19-18. They were able to continue post-season play and participated in the College Basketball Invitational (CBI) tournament. The Cougs made it to the championship game but unfortunately were not victorious. It was a challenging year with unexpected injuries, etc. But we are looking forward to a better season next year. I can't believe it will be our 4th season here. It's funny how I keep track of our lives by basketball seasons now.

Here are some fun pictures throughout the season...

Butch getting the crowd going.

The new scoreboard this year.

Trey loved when they would turn out the lights before the game started
& introduce the players.

Introducing players.


Mini Crimson Girls. Aren't they cute?

Energetic Student Section






Emotional Senior Night



Every year on senior night they introduce the new Butch for next season. And the old Butch reveals himself.

Oh Butch!!

Trey of course loved attending every game.

Trey with his favorite girls.
It felt like Curtis was away so much more this season. He is such a hard working guy. Curtis got promoted to recruiting coordinator this past season. This is a huge responsibility in the program. We are so proud of him. Here is our main guy in action...









....for such a dedicated husband and father. Curtis has an extremely stressful job that requires him to be away from his family, live out of suitcase for weeks at a time, sit endless hours in a hot stuffy gyms to look for new players, spending endless hours preparing scouts for upcoming games, etc all to provide a comfortable life for the boys and I. I can't imagine being away from Trey and Noah for more than a day but Curtis sacrifices so much which affords for me to stay at home with the boys. I am so grateful for this gift.

We love you so much Curtis and appreciate all you do for us.












1 comment:

  1. I don't know how you do it Alissa! You're an incredible Momma to be on your own so often. But at least your hubs has an awesome job that he loves!!

    ReplyDelete