Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

*Trey Update*



Well the little man is approaching 17 months this May. I still can't believe how fast time goes by. Everyday I am just amazed by all the new things he is doing. Trey is as active as ever. Curtis and I laugh at how he really never sits still. Always something new to explore and get into.

He is totally taking interest into basketball. Who would of thought :) He finally understands the concept of getting the ball in the hoop. He sure makes his daddy proud when he wants to dunk. I know it won't be long before Curtis has him dribbling through his legs.

Trey still LOVES reading his books. I enjoy that time of him still wanting to cuddle. He loves getting outside whenever he can. A new favorite thing is chasing bubbles and laughing at Lily trying to eat them. Bath time has become a new adventure since he is able to splash now. Before when he had his NG tube taped to his face we had to limit that fun activity. But now he shrieks in pure delight when water gets all over his face and especially on Mommy.

Trey's eating has plateaued just slightly. Some days are better than others. He definitely hasn't taken any steps backwards which we are thankful for. His favorite food right now is french fries. But then again who's isn't. I was a little weary of giving him this to try but then I thought I just want Trey to enjoy food at this point. Sometimes we can't get them on his plate fast enough. But overall since the g-tube placement Trey has improved greatly. He really hasn't had any vomiting since before the surgery which I believe has contributed greatly to his increased eating and drinking. This is such a difference from having several episodes a day. I pray that with time his feeling safe with food will only improve.

Trey has reached his goal of tolerating 31 ounces a day of his tube feedings. This is a very important goal for him so he can continue to gain weight and thrive for his age. We hope to eventually wean down his nighttime feeds and then work to his daytime boluses as his eating progresses. But this will come with time.

We head up to Mary Bridge next week to see Trey's GI doctor for his 1 month post operative check-up. He will have his g-tube changed out for well what should have been his first time:) We will also meet with his dietitian to look at his weight, discuss how things are going and make any changes if necessary.

I am so thankful for this little boy and all the joy he brings to the lives around him. It could be the most stressful day and you look into those eyes and see that smile and it makes everything seem perfect.

Love this outfit for the ladies out there....


Being Silly


Love this little guy:)

1 comment:

  1. Trey is already the man of Hailey's dreams! ;) He is SO cute!

    ReplyDelete