Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Surgery CountDown: 2 Days

Well I thought I would post a blog before the surgery on Tues. We are driving up to Tacoma tomorrow morning and will have all day Monday to rest before the big day.

Trey was trying to help me pack this evening. Well really unpack everything:)

We will check in to Mary Bridge on Tuesday at 10:00 am. They will place an IV before surgery. Cross your fingers that he won't be a difficult poke. Trey will go down for surgery at 1:00 pm. Curtis and I are going to take a g-tube class offered by Mary Bridge during the surgery which will hopefully keep our minds occupied. We will learn about g-tube cares, etc. I dealt with quite a few while working but it will be good to have a refresher.

Of course my nerves are on edge as any mom would be. My nursing mind just takes me places I don't need to go. I know I will have to work through turning off my nursing brain while in the hospital and let Trey's nurses handle that part but that's easier said then done. But I will have Mr. Curtis there to keep me grounded:)

Since my last post Trey has improved slightly with his eating. He started to try some of the foods he was comfortable with earlier. We still have had a few episodes of vomiting after trying foods though. But he has been brave and given it another shot which is encouraging.

I will try and update the blog after surgery to let everyone know how things went as soon as I can. I appreciate all the well wishes for Trey from our family and friends. We hope everyone has a wonderful Easter tomorrow and will get to spend time with the ones they love.


No comments:

Post a Comment