Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Really Trey??

One of the toughest things for me when adapting to 2 children these days is keeping Trey busy especially when I am breastfeeding Mr. Noah. Trey actually does a pretty good job playing independently but of course I feel bad because I can't give him 100% of my time like I use to.

One of the activities he loves which provides hours of entertainment (yes!) is setting up a little farm and using rice for sensory play.



Trey got this adorable farm set as a big brother gift when Noah was first born. I just put garbage bags down to contain the mess and give him a big bowl of rice to play with. But I got a great idea from my favorite website Pinterst ... use a vinyl shower curtain for activities such as these to really help contain messy projects. Just thought I would share that genius idea.


But the joys of motherhood provides those times when you could literally pull out your hair. Here is what happens when you leave your 3 year old alone with rice for a few minutes...


And that was the end of playing with rice for the day. Oh Mr. Trey you sure keep life interesting.


1 comment:

  1. OH NO! That's what happens with our bean box, thankful for vacuum cleaners!

    ReplyDelete