One of my small projects was organizing our medicine cabinet. It was a good thing because I couldn't believe how much expired medication we had laying around.
While I am breastfeeding Noah (which seems like all day) I do all my idea collecting. Lately I feel like I haven't been challenging or expanding Trey's mind enough. So I am trying to do an art project or a specific learning activity everyday together. We are calling it School Time in the Allen Household.
Yes here is my OCD in action, my project planner for the first couple of weeks.
At some point my plan is to print out this blog and make it into a book for the boys to keep. So I want to keep blogging about a lot of them for memories. So here is a couple projects we actually did before Noah was born...
Vinegar and Baking Soda
I got this activity idea from a blog called Hands On: As We Grow. Super easy project which I am all for.
| Our Supplies |
![]() |
| Ok Mom lets start... |
![]() |
| Time to mix the food coloring with vinegar. |
![]() |
| Time to put baking soda on our cookie sheet. |
![]() |
| Trey loved using the syringes to collect the vinegar. |
![]() |
| Baking Soda + Vinegar = Volcano like action |
This kept him consumed for quite awhile. Then there was encouragement from Mommy to touch the baking soda (sensory time).
Fine Motor Skills Time
Our next activity idea I found from a blog called http://myaandmeblog.blogspot.com/2011/01/fine-motor-skill-play.html called Sugar and Spice...
Here were our supplies for this activity which was nice because they were things we had just around the house.
![]() |
| Trey even decided to turn this into snack time. Yay!!! |
Did I say how much I love Pinterest??






















I am trying to entertain Mya and Chace right now... taking a break while they make a fort... and I think we might do the playdough cherrios spaghetti one next. LOVE that idea!
ReplyDelete