Well I haven't been able to post any blog updates lately because the Allen Family has faced yet another bump along the road.
Here is a quick update....
Our little Trey started vomiting severely Saturday night and continued through Sunday morning (14 times or so). He started to become lethargic through the weekend and very much so on Monday. We took him to the doctor on Monday to be looked at. We were given some anti-nausea medication and told to keep a close eye on him. Unfortunately Curtis had to leave for yet another recruiting trip that same day.
Tuesday he started having episodes of uncontrollable pain where he was inconsolable. The episodes continued to get longer and more intense. I ended up taking him into the ED. They did an abdominal x-ray and didn't see anything significantly wrong. They also did a chest x-ray that showed an infiltrate on his right lung that they think could be from Trey aspirating his own vomit into his lungs. They didn't start any treatment at the this time because he didn't have any symptoms of fever, etc. We never did find a source for all the uncontrollable pain but were given more medications to help ease tummy irritation.
My parents drove over Wednesday to help because I was still alone with Mr. Trey and totally sleep deprived and emotional exhausted from taking care of a sick little boy.
Shortly after they arrived Trey experienced a focal seizure at the house. His left eye started twitching vigorously and the left side of his mouth started smacking and twitching also. His head started shaking and the seizure lasted about 30-35 seconds or so. My Mom was with me during the whole event. We were both shaken up and extremely upset.
The ED placed an IV and took some blood for lab tests. His electrolytes all came back normal which we thought might be off and be the cause of the seizure. There is also a marker in the blood when someone has a seizure and they tested that to see if Trey truly did have a seizure. His result came back high.
We were sent home that night since he was stable at that point. The next day (Thursday) he started having diarrhea and another episode of vomiting. We sent off stool cultures to see if that might show something.
So as of now we don't have answers for this first time seizure activity and why he is still taking so long to recover from this stomach bug.
We are flying to Tacoma on Monday because Trey needs to have further testing done because of his seizure. They are concerned because the seizure activity was only on one side of the body (focal) verses a generalized seizure.
He will have an EEG and MRI done on Tuesday at Mary Bridge to rule out anything like a tumor, vascular abnormalities or abnormal brain wave activity (Scary).
This has been an extremely stressful week for me. I can't put into words how helpless I feel as a mommy. You just want to fix your child and when you can't it is such a frustrating and exhausting feeling. But I am so thankful for our amazing GI doctor at Mary Bridge who has helped us every step of the way on the phone. I seriously don't know where Trey would be right now without him.
Trey is still pretty quite and still not feeling well. But every once in awhile we get a little smile or laugh which is encouraging. I am just ready to have my energetic and busy little boy back.
I will update more when I can. We would appreciate all the prayers we can get for a speedy recovery and good results from Trey's testing.
Saturday, October 1, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









Hope all goes well. We're thinking of you.
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness girl! You've actually been on my heart lately... This must be why. I'll keep praying for you, your boy's health, and peace in the situation...
ReplyDelete