
The Allen Family is super excited because Trey has finally come off the waiting list to join a preschool class called Bright Beginnings through his therapy services. It is a classroom with a maximum of 8 children and he will attend 2 days a week from 9-12.
I think the transition will be easy one for the little man because it is in the same room where we go for group feeding therapy every week and one of his therapist is the the main teacher. Which is wonderful because they are aware of Trey's severe food allergies and feeding struggles (update coming soon).

We visited the preschool class for the first time last Friday. Trey absolutely loved it. We did a short trial of me leaving the room while I met with his main teacher and therapy coordinator. He could have cared less if I left and was so sad when it was time to go home.
Here are a few pictures while I stayed in the classroom....
Snack time.
Playing with a classroom volunteer.
Going for a walk in the buggy strollers.
Trey will attend preschool on Monday and Friday independently and I will stay with him at feeding therapy on Wednesday. I think this will be a nice schedule for him. I am excited for Trey to experience this new little chapter in his life. A little teary that my little boy is growing up. But I think it is important for Trey to learn to have a little time away from his Mommy and some great self care time for me.
Excited to share how Trey's first day of school goes on Monday:)









No comments:
Post a Comment