Curtis and I celebrated our 5th year anniversary this past August 5th. Curtis and I haven't been alone on a vacation since before Trey was born. Curtis brought up earlier that we should get away for a long overdue vacation. Of course I wanted to but I wrestled back and forth with leaving Trey behind with all his tube feeding and medication responsibilities. And Noah was only 5 months at the time too. But after much encouragement from my husband, family and friends we booked our tickets to Vegas. We were only going away for 2 nights and 3 days and to most I am sure that seems like nothing. But if you know me...I am a control freak and giving up the responsibility especially of all Trey's medical needs is huge for me.
Trey and Noah were going to stay with my parents while we were gone. Luckily before we left the boys and I had already spent almost a week and half at my parents due to all of Trey's appointments and Curtis being on his trip to Australia. It was perfect because my parents were able to get the boys schedules down. They each decided to take a kiddo to focus on. I thought that would be less confusing with Trey and Noah's feeding schedules. My dad decided to take on Trey's medications and tube feedings because he does better with a strict routine. My mom took on unpredictable Noah. They did a wonderful job while we were away. Which I knew they would. I only called a few times to check in :)
I never realized how important it was to get time away from the boys and really spend some quality time with my husband. We had an amazing time and I was treated like a total princess.
Curtis got us a convertible to cruise around in.
We stayed a block away from the strip at the Mariott Grand Chateau. It was nice because it didn't have a casino so we could get away from all the busyness of Vegas.
![]() |
| We had an amazing room. |
We did a lot of sight seeing, eating way too much wonderful food and just enjoying each others company without any interruptions.
We went to see the Secret Garden and Dolphin Habitat at the Mirage Hotel.
One night we went to a really nice dinner at the Center Cut Steakhouse followed by seeing the George Wallace Comedy Show at the Flamingo Hotel.
We had an amazing time together. I seriously was not ready to head home. We could have totally used a couple more days away. I am sad that Curtis and I waited this long to get away but we have had a lot on our plate these last couple of years. But now I realize the importance for Curtis and I to take time out for ourselves so we can be better parents to the boys. Curtis and I will often look at each other on hard nights with our little rascals and say remember when we walking the strip....
I hope time away is something we can make possible every year.
![]() |
| Trying to be cool.... |
























I am so so so impressed and inspired! I just asked John if he'd like to go away for a weekend and we just might do it too now thanks to you!
ReplyDeleteyou both look AMAZING!! xo
ReplyDelete