
Well adjusting to being a big brother has been quite the transition for Mr. Trey over the last month. We knew the change was going to be overwhelming at the beginning but Trey has started to embrace the role of big brother. Not totally but we are getting there.
We talked throughout the pregnancy about baby Noah's arrival and how wonderful of a big brother he would be. I took pictures during the pregnancy of my growing belly. Here are a few of Trey's baby that he insisted on being photographed.
Initially after Noah was born Trey was really concerned around his little brother. He kept saying when Noah would cry "Baby Noah is sad". And obviously he was crying all the time so that left a very confused and worried Trey. But we talked through that this is how Noah tells us what he needs right now since he can't use big boy words like Trey. Now the crying has become a normal sound around the Allen household. A usual response from Trey these days is "Baby Noah is crying again".
Trey has slowly started to interact with Noah and actually acts like he exists at times now. In the beginning he had no desire to even be close to his little brother. There were many tantrums and acting out which we expected. One day he was so upset he was in his room and started throwing things. I walked in to address what was wrong. He said "I don't know. I am just so mad. This is bad day". Broke my heart.
But his new love he is discovering for his brother is precious to watch. Trey's first attempt came when the 3 of us were playing in his room. On his own he brought his favorite snow globe over to Noah and placed it right by him.
Thank you big brother.
Still learning about personal space.
Then he offered Noah one of his musical instruments during one of our jam sessions.
Slowly he kept getting closer and closer to laying by Noah.
Now Trey wants to do similar things Noah is doing. Whether that is laying under a play mat with him or even putting a pacifier in his mouth (which by the way he would never take).
Noah under his mat.
Trey under his.
My 2 boys.
And he has finally reached the point where he is comfortable to hold his little brother. I know Trey is going to be an amazing big brother to Noah.
A little scared on his first try.

I can't wait to watch these boys grow together but I am taking advantage of the fact that one doesn't move at the present moment.
I love these little guys.









What a sweet big brother! I don't think your boys could get any cuter!
ReplyDeleteI love the pictures! You wouldn't need to write anything! They're a story of their own! I love how Trey copies Noah! Love, love, love... <3 <3 <3
ReplyDeleteThis made me get a little teary eyed when he brought Noah the snow globe. Don't worry, they'll be best buddies in no time!
ReplyDeleteThe sweetest (and cutest) great nephews ever!
ReplyDelete