Well since I completely missed posting updates when Noah was 5 & 6 months I decided to make a little video of how much the little guy has grown these last couple of months.
CLICK ON LINK BELOW TO SEE VIDEO...
NOah 5, 6, 7, months pics
But here is an update on what the little rascal is up to these days.
Sleep
I am sad to report that Noah is still the worst sleeper ever. The most he will sleep at a time is 3 hours. Yes that is right 3 hours. We have finally transitioned him to his own room. We purchased one of those video baby monitors. We absolutely love it. Totally worth every penny.
Between Noah's frequent night time awakenings and doing Trey's tube feedings through the night I am one exhausted mama these days. I feel so bad because some days my patience is at an all time low. But I still have faith that in time sleep will get better for Noah. According to my mom I am receiving lovely payback. I guess I wasn't a great sleeper either. Oops.
Eat
The little guy still loves to eat. He loves to drink out of a cup. We have started finger foods. Noah does 3 meals a day and still breastfeeding or taking breast milk from a bottle. He always wants to help feed himself so we usually give him some kind of utensil or chewing toy to occupy those busy little hands of his. Can you guess Lily's new favorite spot in the house? Yes, that would be under Noah's highchair. He is a very messy eater. I should just strip him down to a diaper when I feed him.
Verbal
Noah is Mr. Chatter box these days. It's very rare if you don't hear his little voice. He is saying ma-ma-ma, da-da-da, and ba-ba-ba quite often. When he gets excited he loves to scream or squeal in delight. This is usually for big brother Trey. Motor boat noises are still a favorite too. He can't stand being alone and is very vocal about that also. Between Noah discovering his voice and Trey's endless questions there is rarely a silent moment in the Allen household.
Development/Play
ACTIVE-ACTIVE-ACTIVE is the best word to describe Noah. He hates to sit still. During a bottle or diaper change this guy is always moving. I have to say he is exhausting.
He is starting to really try and scoot. And if he can't get to what he wants he will roll everywhere. I don't even want to imagine what Noah will be like when he really is moving around. Oh gosh I get tired just thinking about it.
This is one very determined little boy. If he sees something he wants that is it. He especially loves to go after whatever Trey has. I can't believe the fighting has already begun. Poor big brother Trey has no idea that this is only the beginning. I already hear "NO baby Noah that is mine" in a very stern and serious voice.
Noah has 2 teeth that are beginning to come in. They are right there ready to make their pearly appearance any day now. I hope he won't be a biter.
Dislikes
sleep
being alone
diaper changes
sitting still
not a big fan of fruit
Loves
sticking out his tongue
peek-a-boo
books
music
anything Trey
being outside
vegetables
hearing his own voice
wrestling
I sure missed him when I was in the hospital with Trey. It was difficult trying to be a mama in 2 places at once. He stayed at my parents house and did pretty well while I was gone. I tried to go home and see him as much as I could. It was wonderful to be reunited with him.
There is never a dull moment with Mr. Noah. He is so much fun and growing more and more each day. I just can't believe how fast time is going with this little guy. Don't you just want to squeeze him??
Thursday, October 25, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











I can't handle the cuteness! What an adorable busy boy!
ReplyDeleteI'm so proud of you! I absolutely loved the video!!!!!!! Especially the video parts!!!!! Oh I can't wait to see you guys again!!!!
ReplyDelete