These past couple of days Trey has been battling a cold. We have had tissue boxes scattered all over the house to help with Trey's faucet of a runny nose. So this above picture was bound to happen at some point. It's funny how the simplest of things can be so entertaining for a little one.
So I thought I would give a food update for Mr. Trey since it has been quite awhile since I have done that. Trey is doing much better with drinking different variety of liquids. He especially loves drinking water out of a sippie cup now. He still isn't taking enough volume to decrease his tube feedings yet. As far as food intake Trey has good and bad days. We are still struggling with introducing new foods. He is very comfortable with just a limited few and we seem to be stuck there at the moment. But he is beginning to request for them which is new.
At Trey's 18 month checkup I mentioned that we were slightly concerned about his speech development. I wanted him to be screened to make sure we weren't falling behind in that area of development. So our pediatrician referred us to Early Learning Intervention, which in Washington State is collection of services families may need for their infants or toddlers with disabilities.
So Trey had two screenings done to look at how he is learning and growing. They evaluated different areas of his development.
-cognitive
-physical
-communication
-social or emotional
-adaptive : ability to dress, eat and take of yourself
Trey was only eligible for services in the adaptive area due to his feeding issues. So next week we meet with a speech and occupational therapist, a Family Resource Coordinator and a representative from the Pullman School District to come up with an individualized plan and set goals for Trey around achieving feeding success. We are excited because these new services will be provided in Pullman. No more long trips to Spokane. And for the first time Pullman is starting a small feeding group for children around Trey's age struggling with different feeding issues. So the group will practice different food strategies and the children will practice eating together. I am anxious to get to know some other parents who are going through a similar situation.
So Trey will start individual and group therapy next week. I will keep you posted on how things are going.
We are hoping this cold clears up soon so we can enjoy the last little bit of warm weather this weekend. Hope everyone is doing well:)
Here are a few recent pics of the little man.









Glad to hear Trey is doing well! He sure is a cute little guy! Miss you all!
ReplyDelete